Sci Total Environ. 2021 Jun 20;774:145142. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.145142. Epub 2021 Feb 6. PMID: 33610980.
- Culture underestimates L. pneumophiladetection frequency and concentration.
- Quantitative PCR is more sensitive than culture for L. pneumophiladetection.
- Free‑chlorine residual is a good indicator of microbiological quality control.
- Monochloramine residual is not a good indicator of microbiological quality control.
- For chloramine water, HPC analysis is the better indicator of microbial control.